Beginning Quilting Class Saturday, 1:00 pm – 3:00pm Dates: Mar 3 – 10 -17 – 24 – 31; Apr 7 – 14 – 21 Fee: $250.00 (all 8 sessions) includes fabric and pattern. All students must sign up and pay for class prior to attending class!
You will be able to pick the fabric you want your Lap quilt you will be doing in class. Come in a few days prior to the 1st day of class to pick your fabric. So you will be ready to go on your first class. (Note Do Not wait to the first day of class to select your fabric.
During the course of this class you will learn the basics of quilting a quilt top from how to read a pattern, cutting fabric using a rotary cutter, all the basics of piecing a block with correct seam allowance, and the importance of squaring each block.
To each class you must bring your Sewing Machine and be in working order. Must know how to operate your machine. Including:
- Know how to thread your machine properly.
- Correct needle for your machine Size 12 or 14 will work just fine
- How to wind a bobbin on your machine.
- Must have a ¼” foot that fits your machine
- Correct bobbin for your machine (fill 2 bobbins prior to class)
Additional supplies required:
- Self-healing cutting mat (18” x 24”)
- Rotary Cutter (45 mm) with good blade
- 6” x 24” ruler (needed to cut your fabric)
- 12 ½” x 12 ½” square ruler (for squaring you blocks)
- 4 ½” x 4 ½” square ruler (for squaring pieces within you blocks)
- Quilting straight pins
- 10 each – 1 gallon zip lock bag to keep fabric together
- Small scissors for trimming threads
- Seam Ripper
- Marking pen or pencil of your choice
- Neutral thread for piecing (all-purpose sewing thread)
- Small iron and pressing mat (optional)
Please have all supplies on first day of Class. If you do not have any of these items you purchase them at Coastal Sew and Vac you will receive a 10% discount on your purchase. Don’t wait till first day of class to purchase your supplies.